I am in a web-isode. Web-isodes are short online tv shows. You can go see it at the link above. My character isn't in that scene, but it's her twitter and Facebook. No, I'm not wriring the Twitter and Facebook, the writers of the show are (some people were confused by that).
Anyhoo, I know that I'm biased, but I think that it's worth a watch! :)
Have a great weekend!
Friday, October 24, 2008
at 2:36 PM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
So on my last post I talked about being so busy. I decided to write a little about what makes me so busy.
I have two primary focuses. Everything I do is to go towards these two goals:
1) Publish a Novel
2) Get in to Grad School (MBA at Northwestern or Chicago)
Part One is what this whole blog is about. Most of you reading my blog are going through the same Write, Revise, Repeat Cycle and know all about it. (If you don't keep reading my blog and you'll soon find out :-P).
For Part Two, the two MBA programs that I want to get into are two of the top five. Only around 15-20% of applicants get in. I hadn't finished my undergrad and the classes I did take had a bad GPA so to get into a good program I have to do a little bit extra to hopefully make up for the GPA issues:
* Finish school (which will take until this time next year since I only have a couple classes) and get As on classes I accomplish (which will be hard since I'm finishing up a Math degree and those classes are just evil.)
* Excel at work (partially okay since I'm a Dir of IT, but I'm trying to do some entrepreneurial work on the side to help--I'm doing the programming for a small company for equity and I'm starting a small promotional company on the side which I hope to flip in a year and a half to help pay for grad school)
* Be active in the community through philanthropic organizations (I joined the Junior League of Chicago, I'm looking at joining the Catholic Charities Jr Board and might join the Associate Board at the Stepehenwolf Theater)
* Take the GMAT, planning on doing it in the summer.
So, the only things that I do lead to helping me accomplish my two goals. Problem is that my first goal usually gets pushed aside. But not now that I have my sacred writing time. Talking about writing, I think that I am going to do that right now :)
at 6:08 AM
Friday, October 17, 2008
I hope that everyone is doing well out there in Blog Land!
I'm not completely unstuck on that scene, but everyone's ideas are super big helps. I got something written down. It's enough to feel okay about moving on to the next bit. I'm starting to feel pretty good about my book :) It's such a great feeling. I still have a very long way to go though. Between working full time, doing a part time job, participating in a couple philanthropic groups, trying to start a company (for another blog post) and taking a couple of classes, I feel like writing is getting pushed under the table. I think that I am going to start waking up an hour earlier and writing. Doing after work just isn't panning out as well as I would like. I did an hour this morning and it was great. Such a wonderful to start off the day :)
Does anyone out there have a "Special Writing Time"?
at 9:27 AM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Once I hit 20k words I started a revision on the completed work by adding description and filling in story holes. Some story holes are accidental and others were purposefully left for me to fill in later. Now it's later and I'm stuck on a couple of scenes.
My usual solution is to move forward and worry about it later, but this is just a part that I won't like writing ever so I need to do it now. Any suggestions out there in blog-land?
at 6:02 AM
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Baby Jackson Duane Melchiorre was born at 8:21 this morning to Pete's sister. It's the first baby on that side of the family. Very exciting.
I need to work on my own baby (My Book in the Oven). Flipping between calling it Prophecy's Promise or Prophecy's Tool. Any preferences?
at 11:05 AM